Thursday, August 26, 2010

Apologetics


 Philosophy of Religion » Arguments for the Existence of God 

Starting a study with my middle schoolers that is based on Christian Apologetics. Last night I gave each of them a card with some typical non-christian beliefs (atheist, agnostic, new age...) and had them act out that role while the others in the group tried to witness to them. I gave them a few minutes with each to try on their own, then gave them a short example of where to start a discussion from a reasoning point of view.  I'm not entirely sure how well the point got across. However, it did show them how unprepared they are to defend their faith.

This was just an introduction to what will be at least a 13 week study that addresses the 13 Most Common Questions About God. I have been doing a lot of reading and studying to prepare for this class. It will be very interesting to see how these kids grow over the next few months. I know I have a much firmer grasp on the reasoning behind my faith.

Location : 135 Buist Ave, Greenville, SC 29609,

No comments:

Post a Comment